December 7, 2019
Develop a solid foundation for your cargo career by learning the fundamentals of cargo skills and procedures with Cargo Handling programme. This training programme is organized for young school leavers who aspires a career in airlines, courier companies and freight forwarding companies.
Participants will be fully equipped with all the latest and standard procedures which are used in the air cargo industry and skills to accept, handle and process shipments containing Dangerous Goods as per the latest IATA DGR manual.
Those who successfully complete IATA Cargo Introductory Course with us will get an opportunity to undergo a brief on the job familiarization at the Cargo terminal in Muritala Mohammed Airports in Lagos.
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
After completing the course, you will be benefited with the knowledge & skills to:
- Use and interpret codes used in Cargo Operations
- Gain insights into rules, regulations, safety and security as it affects Cargo handling functions.
- Make appropriate arrangements and reservations for international air cargo shipments
- Calculate correct rates and charges for general cargo and special cargo (specific commodity and class rates)
If you choose a career in Cargo Handling, you must posses the following:
- Candidate must be 18 year or above
- Must hold either O’LEVEL, NCE/OND/HND/BSC or above including 4 Credits in O’Levels in not more than two sittings including English and Mathematics
- Good communication skill is recommended