Travel Agency Management
December 7, 2019
This course is designed to help you boost essential management skills with top-notch industry training coupled with the ability to offer specialist, professional and competitive travel products to meet the demands of the travel market, which includes online bookings and tailor-made trips.
This course will improve your skills to supervise and manage a team, to initiate change and make business decisions. Gain insight on agency accounting procedures to build business plans that ensure good financial health.
Being a Travel Agency manager myself, I understand that there exist some essentials/mush-have’s, some do’s and don’t and some level of experience and exposures via training and learning..
Joanna Owolabi, Manager – Agency Hamptons Travels
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to develop strategies to hit or exceed sales targets, regardless of the size of the outlet or products offered which include:
- Promoting and marketing the business, sometimes to new or niche markets;
- Selling travel products and tour packages;
- Sourcing products and destinations to meet consumer demands for bespoke travel and sustainable tourism;
- How to liaise with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules
- Dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations;
- Overseeing the smooth, efficient running of the travel business.
To become an agency manager first requires some level of industriousness. However we do require some prerequisites as below:
- Candidate must be 18 year or above
- Minimum of O Level Certificate (WAEC, NECO) 4 Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings
- Candidates with higher qualification such as NCE/OND/HND/BSC will be of added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Innovation and energy with a desire to drive others