Air Ticketing & Reservation
December 7, 2019
This course will equip participants with air fare computation and ticketing skills. Professional knowledge to advise air travel passenger on complex itinerary planning and air fare calculation using the Global Distribution Systems. Participants will also be acquainted with the importance of exceeding customer expectations and the role of technology in the travel industry.
Being a able to use the Global Distribution System forms one of the building blocks of the ticketing. It exposes you to the nitty-gritty of the world of air fares and beyond.
Abisoye Lawal, Travel professional
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
By successfully completing this course, participants will be able to the following:
- Use the Global Distribution System to create and price itineraries.
- Full understanding of reservation and pricing will be captured.
- The ticketing skills will enable participants perform efficiently and effectively on the job.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations;
To become a ticketing and reservation officer first requires a mind for numbers and codes. However we do require some prerequisites as below:
- Candidate must be 18 year or above
- Minimum of O Level Certificate (WAEC, NECO) 4 Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings
- Candidates with higher qualification such as NCE/OND/HND/BSC will be of added advantage.
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Excellent communication skills